Thursday, October 4, 2012

BLOOD!

As I stated last week, I have been working on the blood particle system for the human. With a little help, I was able to fix the problem that I was having. I finally have color to my blood! The particle system is working fine and emitting the right material with the right color as well. For the aliens, we were going to just use the same material, but alter the colors to most likely the stereotypical green color. Personally, I was thinking purple but the group decided on green so that's fine as well.
The next thing I need to work on is getting the particle system onto our character so the blood gets triggered on damage. Have been researching that somewhat but to no avail yet. I was told that it had something to do with the sockets for the character so I tried adding the "headshotgoresocket" near the chest area, but I still need to find out where to implement the particle system.

Colorful Blood follows:



The brush that was used to create these blood samples was taken from here. All credit for brush goes to them.



I also tweaked the reloading system as well, for the revolver at least. Before you could only reload once your ammo reached zero and the script would reload for you, but now the 'R' key can reload for you whenever you want. There are some bugs still with that as well, but that should not be a problem to sort out.



No comments:

Post a Comment