Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Beta Build Wrap Up

With all of the animations tweaked and modified, I finished my side of the work for the beta build. However, since the team had decided that sound gathering and implementation would be a team effort, I worked on gathering sounds for the game. Previously, our revolver was the only sound that I had found and implemented into the game. The dynamite explosion sound that I also had was thrown out due to its irrelevance to the actual sound (it was a recorded sound capture by yours truly and when heard in the game was not all that great). I found some background music to play for our menu, and couple of our zones. I also had a combat track, but we were unable to implement that correctly before we had to wrap up the beta build.
We finally got around to packaging the game and with all packaging experiences, this one also gave us trouble. The first packaged version seemed to have been fine, but it would always crash when trying to load zone 3. It also got rid of some fog that we used to cover up empty black space in the level that we did not want the player to be able to see. After repackaging, we got a better version with all of our custom input for controls being utilized and most UDK controls omitted.
As mentioned in my last post, the game officially has a website along with a trailer up for it! I have the link for the website at the bottom of the page. You can find all of the developer information there as well as the links to my fellow team members blogs.

Here's the trailer though!

AFTU Official Website

This is the source I used for the sounds I gathered. They are from Partners in Rhyme and offer a great selection of free royalty free music/sound. You can visit them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment