Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Animation Week

This week I brought our main character to digital life! All of the primary animations for the alpha stage have been completed. I worked on him running forward/backward, strafing left/right, staying idle, and also some shooting animations. I'm very satisfied with all of the animations except the strafing. The hardest animation to rig was the strafe. The legs just did not want to cooperate with me. I don't know if it was because of the way the bones were rigged or just my inexperience of working with created bones rather than a biped.
Nonetheless, the rest of the animations were pretty good. I'm just about ready to import the character into the UDK to test him and the animations out. Check out the idle and running animations below.
**NOTE** First time creating a GIF to upload to my blog. The trail you see the animations are leaving behind are NOT part of the animation!!***
Idle State Animation
Running Animation

No comments:

Post a Comment