Monday, July 30, 2012

Coding, Coding, & More Coding

This week has consisted of a lot of coding. Using the WOTgreal Editor, I started coding for the game type. I've finished the game info class, the player controller class, and the pawn class. The hardest code to set up was the camera. I was initially going to use some of my old code to implement this, but this posed some unseen problems with the class that I was extending from. Due to that issue, I wasn't able to implement the camera inside the player controller and pawn class as I had hoped to. Instead, I decided to create a separate camera class that handled all of the camera-related actions. Below I have the screenshot of the third-person camera for our game.
Screenshot of the camera perspective
Now that I have that scripting down, I can focus in on the character animations. The main character model has been modeled and rigged so now it's my turn to basically bring him to life, digitally that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment